A number of our customers have requested some sort of deck or floor for the Bread Basket. Our hardworking designers are working on producing a floor with some really cool features, but you’ll have to wait for it.
In the meantime, here are some step-by-step instructions so you can make your own Bread Basket floor. In the examples shown at right and below, we used 1/4″ plywood, window screening and heavy mesh, but you could use any number of materials such as coroplast, sheet metal, or leftover plastic election signs. You will also need sixteen zip ties.
- Put your Bread Basket on top of your material, and mark the inside of the bread basket on the material.
- Using whatever cutting tool is appropriate for your material, cut along the line you just marked (using eye protection if necessary). Make sure it fits inside the basket.
- Take the basket floor piece out of the basket and put holes in each corner, four more on the long sides, and two more on the short sides. (Please note: stiffer materials such as the plywood shown in the example do not require as many holes and zip ties as softer materials).
- Use zip ties to attach the basket floor to the Bread Basket.
- Et voilà! (It’s always classy to use French to express your admiration of your own handiwork).
And for those of you who were wondering how to route the brake cables when installing the Bread Basket, here’s a quick video showing what it should look like: